FIRSTLY, SIGN THIS: http://twitition.com/ao9m7.
Background: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/opinions/editorials/free-ai-weiwei-radical-individualist-and-chinas-great-national-artist/article1972120/. Shit is 香蕉.
OK.
secondly: Chinese politicians have something in common with American politicians, in that they are both politicians. Thus, "DRAGON BREATH (eat cum)"
etc:
I. M([e]Y[e]) VVORK
II. Neolithic palimpsests, by Henri Édouard Prosper Breuil
III. Brain hemorrhage art. “Rhetorical Omen,” Jon Sarkin
Schizophrenic textiles. Arthur Bispo do Rosario
IV. Anatolii Timofeevich Fomenko
V.Cover of “View” by Man Ray, June 1943
VI. VI. VI.
VII.
Photograph of poet impressed with a recording of the artist reading attached poem
VIII. Julio Teich, “Theory of Garbage”
Constantin Xenaxis, “Drawing Matrix: Hydraulic and Pneumatic” (FUUUUUCK.)
IX. “WR: Mysteries of the Organism” (David and I watched this a couple years ago and he called it, quote, “dumb,” most likely because he hates both Stalinism and Slavic women.)
X. Roma publications @ Motto Berlin (distribution)
XII. Photomicrograph of a cross-section of a twig by I.W. Bailey, 1969
Keith Tyson’s Nature Paintings
XII. Re-watched "Satyricon": plot is slow-burning; sets are mind-blowing.
XIII. John J. O’Connor, “Prediction Error”
Ai Weiwei's conceptual map
XIV.
Carolee Schneemann “Nude On Tracks” (film still.) I got to talk to her a couple months ago. She’s cool, in the “I’ve been making weird shit since 10 years before you were alive, what’s up” sense.
by GLASS GIANT
ADDITIONALLY:
-April 6, 12pm: “Political Transition in El Salvador and Relations with the U.S.” @ 2334 Bowditch, BRKLY.
-April 8, 7pm: Bronze @ Berkeley Art Museum
-The Green Festival is happening in San Francisco on April 9-10. It's going to be nerdy as fuck, but I just want to be in a room full of people who also don't use type-6 plastic or shop at Target.
-The Anarchist Book Fair will also occur on those days.
-April 19, 8pm: Rubber 0 Cement, Dental Work, Shortwave Surfers, Terror Apart at Hemlock Tavern
-April 20, 3:10pm: “Wings of Desire” @ Pacific Film Archive
-April 23, 7pm: Primary Colors, Abiku, HRS/DYS @ Mama Buzz
-April 28-30, 8pm: Lucinda Childs’ “Dance” (composer: Philip Glass; set design: Sol LeWitt) @ YBCA
???relevant???:
-was commissioned to do a series of flier/poster art-things for the Oakland Active Orchestra. They have a residency at The Uptown, go.
-doing a poetry reading the first Sunday of next month. May 1. oakland. O(a)K(land).
-Luke Judd is curating a film/discussion/beer night ("Cure 8 cinema") on May 8th in Oakland. Ideally I’ll be curating a subsequent installment. That will happen in the summer. summer might be now. "now" is now....later.
BURY ME ON THE MV KALAKALA:































1 comment:
i enjoy your photos and writings. in response to your question i shot the pictures on an old 35 mm manual cannon which died promptly after that trip.
Post a Comment